WSLI's vision is that: Children, Individuals, and Families in Washington State, including those with special health care needs, will be healthy, safe, resilient, and included.
- Parents will receive training to increase their skills as parents, leaders in their homes and community.
- Parents will have increased social and emotional support to access the services that they need for their children and their families.
Our goal as an initiative is to achieve this result, is supporting a coalition infrastructure that allows organizations providing family support and leadership development to work together to leverage resources, create statewide connections, and increase organizational capacity to serve families.
We want to:
- Inform, support and empower WA families to be partners in their child’s care and advisers and leaders within local, state and national systems of care through family leadership training's that include greater numbers of undeserved and under-represented families.
- Develop and implement an infrastructure and system to track and match trained families and consumers to relevant and desired leadership opportunities.
- Create a means to measure our success as a function of continuous quality improvement around the programs that we support with families and consumers in partnership roles.
- Use the evidence of our success to justify our work to funding entities.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.